FEATURES OF A 3-WHEELER CARGO EV
The urban transportation system is undergoing a wave of change. Large and medium cities are adopting transportation systems with cleaner energy. Electric mobility is emerging as a viable alternative for logistics and last-mile deliveries in industries. Encouragement from governments and various incentives offered by them is helping to reduce the cost of developing and operating EVs. Various electric vehicle companies in India are making their presence felt in the market.
Especially the 3-wheeler cargo EV market is showing massive potential and is expected to grow at a significant pace. 3-wheelers play a dominant role in the last-mile delivery ecosystem as they are an affordable and convenient option. Their size makes it easy for drivers to maneuver the vehicle in the narrow and crowded streets of a metro. Moreover, this feature allows for doorstep delivery too.
WHAT ARE THE FEATURES OF A 3-WHEELER CARGO EV?
Companies manufacturing 3-wheeler electric vehicles in India have extensive plans and intend to employ them aggressively as they view the 3-wheeler cargo EV as a booming sector. The 3-wheeler cargo EVs are well suited for multiple business applications. They can be custom-built and the spacious cargo decks can be used to carry vegetables, garbage, packages, gas cylinders, or any other such goods. Listed below are the features of a 3-wheeler cargo EV that contribute to its growing popularity:
- The 3-wheeler cargo EVs run on electric motors powered by lithium-ion batteries. They have a travel range of 120kms-150kms on a single charge.
- Most of the vehicles offer 500-600kg of payload with a GVW range of 900-1300kgs.
- The EVs have no tailpipe emissions, hence they do not contribute to air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions.
- As they have fewer moving parts they need lesser maintenance and lower operational costs. Moreover, they offer higher efficiency.
- A 3-wheeler cargo EV runs at 16% of the running cost of its counterpart running on fossil fuel. Moreover, as the conventional vehicle grows older its mileage drops significantly.
- The EV vehicles are noise-free as they lack combustion and mechanical drivetrain.
- The rechargeable batteries can be charged from an external source. Charging can be done at home or at a nearby charging station. A slow/moderate charger can charge to around 80% in 1-5 hours.
- 3-wheeler cargo EVs are equipped with advanced features like smart metering, cellular capability, and network connectivity that allow better supervision of operations.
- Enabled with preventive maintenance alerts help reduce downtime during business hours.
- The option of swapping discharged batteries with charged ones further saves charging time.
Expansion of the EV sector holds a very promising future globally. It can bring health, economic, and geopolitical benefits to the country. The government is playing a vital role and providing policy support to the electric vehicle companies in India, to expedite the adoption of EVs. E-commerce giants like Amazon, Flipkart, and many others plan are committing toward 100% inclusion of electric vehicles in their delivery fleets in the next few years. The 3-wheeler cargo EVs are a promising future of the last-mile delivery transportation ecosystem.
* Tags: Electric cargo vehicles, Electric load auto, Electric cargo vehicle in IndiaGo backGo home