What are the Advantages of an Electric 3-Wheeler?
According to The Federation of Automobile Dealers Association (FADA) of India, against 18,187 conventional 3-wheelers sold in May 2022, there were a total of 23,321 electric 3-wheelers sold in the same month. That translates to almost 56% share of the total 3-wheeler market in India. EV 3-wheelers are being rampantly adopted pan-India for their obvious advantages. Read on to find out more about the advantages of electric 3-wheeler cargo.
Electric cargo vehicles are now crucial for last-mile deliveries. The demand for electric 3-wheelers has accelerated recently due to the many advantages they offer.
- Pocket-friendly: Although the initial electric cargo price may seem more expensive than a conventional ICE cargo, an EV allows you to save substantial amounts due to the low running and maintenance costs of the electric load autos. According to Amitabh Saran, CEO, Altigreen Propulsion Labs, “Last-mile transportation in India is driven by one factor alone, i.e. economics. Nothing can beat the total cost of ownership of an electric three-wheeler despite the expensive battery pack.” Moreover, EVs can reduce 54% of the logistic costs and can offer lifetime savings of over Rs.10 lakhs.
- Ease of maneuverability: Given their compact built and smaller turning radius, EV 3-wheelers are more suitable for narrow roads and door-to-door delivery. The drivers are not much stressed and can easily navigate congested roads and traffic jams.
- State-of-the-art technology: Electric cargos like the Altigreen NeEv are enabled with superior API software solutions that allow for the effective management of fleets through periodic health reports. This helps in improving the vehicle efficiency and predicts potential failure, thereby, ensuring the safety and reliability of the vehicles.
- Improved performance: Initially thought to be hurdles in the adoption of electric cargo vehicles in India, the range and charging of the vehicles are far improved now. Electric vehicle companies in Bangalore like Altigreen have unveiled vehicles that can be charged from 0-100% in 15 minutes and can travel almost 150 km on a single charge. Additionally, these vehicles are capable of offering a top speed of 53 kmph and a torque of 45nm. This provides smooth acceleration, which can be useful while going up slopes and hauling loads.
- Environment friendly: Vehicles are the major contributors to air and noise pollution. The transport sector accounts for 15% of the total global emissions. Whereas, one electric vehicle on the road can save almost 1.5 million grams of CO2. Electric vehicles have zero emissions and are noiseless and so have major potential to reduce air and noise pollution.
- Easy Maintenance: The maintenance and repair of an electric three wheeler is very feasible and easy as they have fewer moving parts.
Electric load autos make last-mile deliveries easy, making them an essential part of the micro-transportation business. Moreover, various government schemes and incentives are encouraging the transition from pollution-emitting ICE vehicles to zero-emission Electric vehicles. This makes the government’s goal of 80% of sales being electric by 2030 an achievable one.
* Tags: Electric 3-wheeler, Electric cargo vehicles, Electric load autoGo backGo home