REF: APL/22-23/EXPONENT BATTERY WARRANTY POLICY V1.
Scope of Warranty Coverage: This Warranty Policy applies to all lithium-ion battery packs (“Warranty Policy”) with model number E-Pack 5182 purchased after 1 st December 2022 (hereinafter, “E-Pack 5182”) and sold by Exponent Energy Private Limited (hereinafter, “Exponent”) to ALTIGREEN PROPULSION LABS PRIVATELIMITED (hereinafter, “Altigreen”) and is extended to the original end-user purchaser, and when E-Pack 5182 remains at its original installed vehicle, which is manufactured and sold by Altigreen, that is transferrable to any subsequent owner of the vehicle uponsatisfactory proof of succession or assignment.
Warranty herein is applicable for installation as per agreed standard operating procedures and usage of the E-Pack 5182 in electric 3-wheeler models manufactured and sold by Altigreen and approved by Exponent and for application within the geographical region of India ("Warranty”).
Standard Warranty Period: The Warranty is applicable for 36 months from the date of delivery of E-Pack 5182 to Altigreen of the E-Pack 5182 or rated cycle life of 3000 full (0% to 100% & 100% to 0%SOC) cycles up to 70% of Usable Capacity of the E-Pack 5182 (as defined below),whichever is earlier (“Standard Warranty Period”).
For the purposes of this Warranty Policy, “SOC” means the state of charge of the E-Pack 5182 that represents the usable capacity of the said battery.
Extended Warranty Period:
The Warranty Period is applicable for an additional 24 months from the date of the expiry of Standard Warranty Period or up to 70% of usable capacity of E-Pack 5182,whichever is earlier (“Extended Warranty Period”).
Persons Entitled to make Warranty claims:
Warranty claims can be made by the owner of the vehicle or by Altigreen for and on behalf of its customers. Any claim made must include the unique identifier of the E-Pack 5182 which will be used to verify if the claim qualifies for a Warranty or not. Such claims should be made to Exponent directly. Submission of an E-Pack 5182 battery pack with a tampered battery management system (BMS) will invalidate the Warranty claim.
Once a customer’s E-Pack 5182 has been replaced with a new E-Pack 5182, after an accepted claim of Warranty, such replacement of E-Pack 5182 shall hold the same Warranty that was previously applicable to the old E-Pack 5182. For the sake of clarification, it is stated that the Standard Warranty Period and the Extended Warranty Period do not commence from the date of replacement of the old E-Pack 5182 with new E-Pack 5182 and the Standard Warranty Period and the Extended Warranty Period shall always be counted from the date of the commencement of the Standard Warranty Period.
E-Pack 5182 Warranty:
Exponent warrants that the E-Pack 5182 will be free of defects including but not limited to product workmanship, design, materials or manufacturing under normal application, for the Standard Warranty Period plus Extended Warranty Period. Purchaser/customer is deemed to have read, understood and agreed to these conditions at the time of purchase.
Exponent warrants a rated cycle life of 3000 cycles up to 70 % of Usable Capacity of the E-Pack 5182 for the Standard Warranty Period and the Extended Warranty Period provided it is operated under the following Agreed Operation Range (defined below).
The E-Pack 5182 will deliver a minimum of 87.5% of usable capacity after 1000th cycle, minimum of 77.5% of usable capacity after 2000th cycle and minimum of 70% of usable capacity after 3000th cycle.
Where Altigreen deems any vehicle related warranty to be void for its end users, on account of any incident that may impact the battery (either physically or functionally), then the Warranty for the relevant E-Pack 5182 unit(s) shall also become void.
Any version related changes or other changes to the motor, motor drive, and/or power distribution unit (PDU) of the vehicle, which may cause a change in the interaction between the E-Pack 5182 and vehicle, shall be done mutually with Exponent and pre-approved by Exponent prior to implementation.
E-Pack 5182 Warranty Remedies:
If the E-Pack 5182 fails to conform with the aforementioned terms of the E-Pack 5182 related Warranty, Exponent will employ one of the following remedies (“Remedies”):
- Exponent will repair the E-Pack 5182
- Exponent will replace the E-Pack 5182 with a new or refurbished E-Pack 5182 or a pack with similar specifications as E-Pack 5182 and which has greater than or equal to the Usable Capacity to restore deficient output;
- Exponent will refund Altigreen the original E-Pack 5182 purchase price. Exponent, in its sole discretion, may pro-rata refund by the number of months or number of cycles from the date of delivery by it to Altigreen.
Terms and Conditions to avail Performance Warranty claims:
- Original invoice(s) of the E-Pack 5182 or the relevant integrated vehicle with traceability of E-Pack 5182 with the vehicle, along with duly filled complaint form and fault details, shall be submitted for a claim.
- Warranty shall not be applicable if there is any tampering of the E-Pack 5182 or its battery management system (BMS).
- E-Pack 5182 should be operated under the Agreed Operation range as mentioned above.
- Except for normal wear and tear, E-Pack 5182 shall be kept and maintained in its original condition, as supplied by Exponent, prior to any submission of claim / repair under this Warranty Policy. E-Pack 5182 shall not be kept in any damaged condition and thereby there should not be any signs of damage on the E-Pack 5182, including but not limited to vandalism, physical damage, connector damage, or wire cut(s).
- E-Pack 5182 shall always remain in a sealed condition prior to any claim.
- There shall be no tampering with the integrity of cells, BMS (battery management system) and other wirings.
- E-Pack 5182 shall only be used for pre-defined purposes within vehicles that have been pre-approved by Exponent in accordance with the terms of this Warranty Policy and the vehicle integration document. E-Pack 5182 shall not be misused for any other purposes or applications.
- E-Pack 5182 shall be kept / used only within pre-specified temperature range(s).
- Any claim of Warranty on the E-Pack shall be made only during the Standard Warranty Period and/or the Extended Warranty Period, as the case may be.
A failure to satisfy or comply with the aforementioned terms and conditions, as determined by Exponent in its sole discretion, shall render any Warranty claim on the E-Pack 5182 as invalid or void.
How to measure capacity for Warranty:
Capacity for E-Pack 5182 will be measured by charging the E-Pack 5182 with a standard CC-CV profile. The current used during CC stage will be 54A from 0 to 100% SOC.
Procedure to Claim Warranty:
For the purpose of this Warranty Policy, a “Defect” shall mean a manufacturing defect, if E-Pack 5182 fails to meet criteria prescribed under E-Pack 5182 Warranty and “Defective” shall be construed accordingly.
Upon identifying any problem, Altigreen/customer shall undertake an investigation on such E-Pack 5182 to determine the potential causes of such problem. If pursuant to such investigation, it is identified that such problem is a suspected Defect (“Identified Issue”), Altigreen shall issue to Exponent a notice in writing along with the original invoice and filled complaint form, informing Exponent of the Identified Issue, and shall hand over all the necessary supporting information / documents on the basis of which the purchaser/customer has claimed an Identified Issue (“Claim Notice”).
Within 7 (seven) days from the date of receipt of a Claim Notice and receipt of Defective Batteries in question, Exponent shall study all the available data and submit a report to the purchaser/customer, wherein the Exponent shall specify the root causes of the Identified Issues and whether the Identified Issue is a Defect or not (“Report”).
Upon submission of the Report, if Exponent, determines that the Identified Issue is not a Defect, then Exponent shall, at the purchaser/customer’s cost and expense, provide the purchaser/customer with reasonable technical support to resolve such Identified Issue within the agreed timeframe.
If Exponent determines the Identified Issue to be a Defect, then Exponent shall provide Remedies for the Defective E-Pack 5182 unit(s) within 30 working days of such determination, , as expressly mentioned in this Warranty Policy.
Exclusion of Warranties:
Damage resulting from the following activities is NOT covered by this Warranty:
- Any physical damage caused by cut, penetration improper usage and such damage is likely to affect performance of the E-Pack 5182 after delivery of the E-Pack 5182.
- Improper transportation, storage, installation, wiring, or handling.
- Modification, alteration, disassembly, repair or replace by personnel not authorised by Exponent.
- Failures in E-Pack 5182 due to excessive vibrations except for vibration caused during the movements of vehicle.
- Damage or failure caused by non-compliance with national, state or local electric safety code as applicable.
- Exposure to extreme hot or cold temperatures outside the Agreed Operation Range, fire or freezing, or water damage outside of IP 67 testing standards.
- Damages caused to the E-Pack 5182 due to conditions that are not found in the ordinary course of operation or usage of the relevant E-Pack 5182. These conditions include corrosion resulting from pollution such as soot, chemical vapours, acid rain, direct contact with saltwater, immersion in water (whether caused by flooding or otherwise), spillage related damages and any type of mold.
- Use of E-Pack 5182 that exceeds the Agreed Operation Range.
- External influences including unusual physical or electrical stress damaging the E-Pack 5182 (e.g., lightning, flood, fire, accidental breakage, etc.)
- Damage caused on the E-Pack due to power failure surges or other charger related faults while using chargers other than Exponent e^pump
- Damage to the E-Pack 5182 caused by accident, faulty electrical systems, destruction by collision, theft or act of God.
- Fuse blow on battery due to short circuit on Motor drive, PDU or non-Exponent charger.
- Breaking or cut in harness - power harness as well as Signal Harness.
- Passing fluid forcefully through the fluid connectors on battery.
- User not charging/re-charging the E-Pack 5182 at least once every month.
- User storing the E-Pack 5182 for more than 7 (seven) days without switching off the said E-Pack 5182
- Tampering of Gasket/Sealing of the E-Pack 5182.
- Unapproved changes to the motor, motor drive, and/or PDU of the vehicle that causes a change in the interaction between the E-Pack 5182 and vehicle.
Limited Remedy Conditions:
When one of the Remedies is employed, the following conditions will apply:
- The Warranty remedy will extend only to claims received before the end of the Standard Warranty Period and/or Extended Warranty Period (as the case may be).
- The original Standard Warranty Period and/or Extended Warranty Period (as the case may be) remains in effect and will not be extended, nor will a new Warranty period begin, upon repair, replacement, addition, or prorated refund of the defective E-Pack 5182.
- The date of the delivery of original E-Pack 5182 to Altigreen shall determine the start of the Standard Warranty Period, including in the event Exponent repairs, replaces, adds to, or prorates a refund for the defective E-Pack 5182.
- Remedy options may not be combined. Only one remedy option will be employed at Exponent’s sole discretion.
- The Warranty remedy is applicable to the E-Pack 5182 and its vehicle side connector only and does not apply to any other system components or parts. Any and all terms or exclusions applicable to the E-Pack 5182 in this Warranty Policy, shall also be similarly extended to the vehicle side connector (wherever the context so requires).
- When E-Pack 5182 is the subject of third-party financing, any applicable refund will be paid to the title-holder of the E-Pack 5182 .
- E-Pack 5182 removal, packaging, transportation, reinstallation, and related costs and fees shall be borne by Exponent, only in relation to those claims that are determined to qualify for Remedies under this Warranty Policy. In case of unsuccessful claims, all such costs shall be borne by the customer entirely.
- E-Pack 5182 that is replaced by Exponent shall become the property of Exponent. Exponent reserves the right, at its sole option, to deliver another type of new or refurbished E-Pack 5182 that may differ in colour, weight, and model number as long as the replaced E-Pack is compatible with the vehicle.
Limitation of Warranty:
EXPONENT’s liability under this Warranty Policy shall be limited to the terms and conditions set forth above.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL EXPONENT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST GOODWILL, LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS, WORK STOPPAGE, IMPAIRMENT OF OTHER GOODS, COSTS OF REMOVAL AND REINSTALLATION OF THE E-PACK 5182, LOSS OF USE, INJURY TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY ARISING OUT OR RELATED TO THE E-PACK 5182. EXPONENT’S TOTAL LIABILITY, IF ANY, DAMAGES OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE INVOICE VALUE PAID BY ALTIGREEN FOR THE E-PACK 5182 OR SERVICE(S) FURNISHED, WHICH IS THE SUBJECT OF A CLAIM OR DISPUTE.
EXCEPT AS HEREIN EXPRESSLY STATED, THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, FOR ANY SUBJECT OF THE WARRANTY THEREOF FURNISHED HEREUNDER FOR THE E-PACK 5182. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND/OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE EXCLUDED FROM THIS TRANSACTION AND SHALL NOT APPLY FOR THE SUBJECT OF THE WARRANTY. IN CASE OF ANY CONFLICT IN THE AGREEMENTS BETWEEN THE PARTIES REGARDING THE E-PACK 5182s, THIS WARRANTY DOCUMENT ALWAYS WILL PREVAIL UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED IN WRITING.
Severability: If a part, provision or clause of this Warranty Policy, or its application to any person or circumstance is held invalid, void or unenforceable, such part, provision, clause or application shall not affect this Warranty Policy and all other parts, provisions, clauses or applications shall remain, and, to this end, such other parts, provisions, clauses or applications of this Warranty Policy shall be treated as severable.
Force Majeure: EXPONENT shall not be held responsible or liable to the purchaser/customer or any third-party arising out of any non-performance or delay in response to any Warranty Claim under this Warranty Policy, due to acts of God, war, riots, fire, accident, lock-down, explosion, and any unforeseen event beyond its control including.
Mr Shalendra Gupta
Co-Founder & CFO
Altigreen Propulsion Labs