REF: APL/22-23/WARRANTY POLICY V2. DATE:29-MAR-23
Altigreen Propulsion Labs Private Limited (hereinafter called “ALTIGREEN”) warrants that during theWarranty Period (defined below) vehicle, including traction battery, will be free from anymanufacturing defect in material and workmanship.
FOLLOWING ARE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE WARRANTY:
To qualify for this warranty:
- The ALTIGREEN vehicle must be sold, maintained and serviced only by ALTIGREEN orALTIGREEN authorized dealer/ service center.
- The warranty registration card in respect of each vehicle must be completed by theseller at the time of sale of the vehicle and copy of registration card shall be provided toALTIGREEN.
Any non-compliance with the above shall render the warranty void.
- The term of the warranty shall be 36 months or 1,00,000 kilometers (“WarrantyPeriod”) (whichever occurs first) from the date of sale to the first owner.
- Vehicle, if shipped to a dealer, is required to be delivered to the customer within three(3) months from the date of shipment by ALTIGREEN.
ALTIGREEN’s Warranty Obligation:
If any defect(s) should be found in the vehicle within the Warranty Period, ALTIGREEN’s onlyobligation is to repair or replace, at its sole discretion, any part shown to be defective with a newpart or the equivalent, at no cost to the owner for parts. This shall be done only when ALTIGREENacknowledges that such a defect is a manufacturing defect attributable to faulty material orworkmanship at the time of manufacture. Warranty on the affected part(s) shall be co-terminus withthe Warranty Period. Any consequential and incidental damages, injury or loss of use of vehicle shallnot be covered under this warranty. The owner is responsible for any repairs or replacements thatare not covered by this warranty.
This warranty shall not apply to:
- Vehicle which has been used for competition, racing or off-roading.
- Any repairs or replacement required as a result of accidents and resulting impact (includingwithout limitation) scratch marks, chipping caused for any reason or collision.
- Any components of the vehicle that have been changed following the date of sale and theconsequence (including but not limited to damage, premature wear, alteration) of suchchanges on other parts or components of the vehicle or on the vehicle specification.
- Any routine servicing agreed by the customer or which the customer chooses to undertake,even though it conforms to the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Defects or damage caused by misuse, negligence, abnormal use, insufficient care, corrosion,intrusion of foreign or deleterious matter, overheating, freezing, abuse by the continued useof vehicle after a fault has become evident, or lack of timely servicing.
- Vehicle which has been modified or altered including, without limitation, the installation ofperformance accessories, tapping / cutting of any wire harness, etc.
- Vehicle on which parts or accessories not approved by ALTIGREEN have been used.
- Vehicle which has not been operated in accordance with the operating instructions in theUser Manual.
- Vehicle which has not received, during the Warranty Period, the timely service inspectionslisted in the User Manual.
- Vehicle in which any part or accessory has been assembled, disassembled, opened, adjustedor repaired, replaced or removed by any third party other than ALTIGREEN authorizedservice station/dealer.
- Vehicle which has been used for any illegal activity or for purposes other than what it hasbeen designed for.
- Battery if the capacity of the battery does not fall below the 70 % of original battery capacityduring the stipulated time or mileage parameters.
- Insignificant defects that do not affect the function of the vehicle including withoutlimitation, aesthetics, sound, vibration, fluid seep etc.
- The replacement of parts damaged as a result of normal wear and tear. This includes (but isnot limited to) items such as, bulbs, belts, fuses, rubber parts, brake and clutch frictionmaterials, wiper blades and trim or other glass breakage, mirrors, cargo bay/box, etc.
- Replacement of extra supplies of liquids (such as coolant, washer fluid, cooling fluid) underthe use or maintenance of the vehicle.
- The use of traction battery that does not respect the recommendations of the manufactureras in the User Manual, the Vehicle Warranty Policy and Battery Warranty Policy.
- Defects caused by vandalism, riots, terrorism, intrusion of animals/insects, fire or by naturalcalamities including, but not limited to, waterlogging, floods, earthquakes, typhoons, or anyother act of God.
- Normal service/maintenance activities including, but not limited to, change of gearoil or other fluids, tightening/adjustment of pedals, brakes, etc.
- The indirect consequence of any fault (including but not limited to loss of business, length oftime off the road).
The following items, which are covered under the warranty of the respectivemanufacturers:-
b) 12V auxiliary battery
d) Load boxes
Extent of Warranty:
This warranty is the entire warranty given by ALTIGREEN for the vehicle and no dealer or agent oremployee is authorized to amend, extend or enlarge this warranty and no dealer or agent oremployee is authorized to make any other written or oral warranty for and on behalf of ALTIGREEN .ALTIGREEN reserves the right to add any improvements or change the design of any vehicle, vehicleparts and drive train system at any time with no obligation to make the same changes on unitspreviously sold.
To obtain warranty service, vehicle must be presented at the owner’s expense to any ALTIGREENauthorized service center or dealer.
Owner’s Warranty Responsibilities:
The owner of the vehicle is required to comply with the following, in order to keep the warrantyvalid:
- Make certain that the warranty registration card was registered at the time of sale of thevehicle.
- Comply with instructions given in the User Manual and the Warranty Policy.
- Get the vehicle serviced/inspected at his own expense, by an ALTIGREEN authorized servicecenter or dealer, as per the vehicle User Manual and maintain adequate proof of“Maintenance Service Record” page in the User Manual to substantiate that such serviceinspections have been performed as per given service intervals specified.
- Present the vehicle User Manual to the ALTIGREEN authorized service center or dealerwhenever requesting service inspections or warranty service.
- Only use genuine spare parts recommended by ALTIGREEN.
- In case of any concern / issues with the vehicle, the owner shall first contact ALTIGREENauthorized dealer/service center.
- Follow safety instructions provided by ALTIGREEN.
- Not allow any tampering / unauthorized modification in configuration, settings orcomponents of vehicle / drive train system fitted in the vehicle.
- Not allow any use of unauthorized components in the vehicle.
- Not allow any unauthorized person to make any changes, adjustment or repair on thevehicle.
- Not overload the vehicle beyond the weight specified.
- On receipt of intimation from the ALTIGREEN authorized dealer / service center, the ownershall make the vehicle available for periodic fitness and performance check and servicing.
Any non-compliance of the aforesaid condition shall render the automatic extinguishment of theright of the owner to claim warranty.
Further, warranty on the traction battery shall be void if:-
- Battery has been connected, disconnected or opened by anyone other than an ALTIGREENauthorized service center or dealer.
- Battery has been damaged or tampered with in any way.
- Correct charging procedure has not been followed.
- Battery has been charged using a charger not approved by ALTIGREEN.
- Battery / vehicle has been continuously kept in temperature below minus 10 deg C or above45 deg C for more than 3 days.
- Battery has been left at State of Charge less than 5% for more than 7 days.
- Battery has not been charged to 100% at least once in 7 days.
Disclaimer of Consequential Damage:
ALTIGREEN shall not be responsible or liable in any manner for loss of vehicle, loss of time, injury,inconvenience or any other indirect, incidental or consequential damage or loss resulting from thevehicle not being available to the owner because of any defect covered by this warranty.
Change of Owner
If ownership of the vehicle changes, the remaining warranty period is effective for the new ownerprovided the new owner signs the “Customer Agreement on Purchase of Vehicle” and registers hiscontact details with ALTIGREEN within 7 days of taking possession of the vehicle. The warrantyterms, for the remaining Warranty Period, shall remain the same as applicable to the first owner ofthe vehicle.
We extend our support for a safe and comfortable electric drive!
Mr Shalendra Gupta
Co-Founder & CFO